Not everyone has a naturally perfect smile. Crooked, crowded or poorly aligned teeth and misaligned jaws are not uncommon, but many people don’t know that such problems are not only cosmetic.
Our experts at GriDent will do their best to give you a perfect smile. To discuss your orthodontic needs, schedule an appointment today GriDent.
What means orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a type of dentistry that aims to improve the appearance, position and function of crooked or abnormally arranged teeth.
Which risk do I have with disordered teeth?
Disorder in your mouth also has health risks, some of which are:
- Inability to properly chew food, which may lead to digestive problems
- Danger of breaking a tooth due to strain in jaws or teeth
- Difficulty maintaining dental hygiene, which may result in tooth decay, periodontitis (perio disease), gingivitis, gum inflammation/recession, and eventually, loss of bone tissue and teeth
- Psychological problems, low self-esteem due of unsightly appearance
All these conditions can be corrected or avoided with the help of GriDents orthodontics – who will correct teeth and jaw problems using special devices, like various orthodontic braces and retainers. We will bring teeth, lips, and jaws into proper alignment to create beautiful smiles for you.
What does orthodontic treatment involve?
Orthodontics uses devices such as a brace to correct the position of the teeth. Your exact treatment will depend on the problems with your teeth. In some cases, you may have to wear headgear at night as well as a brace, and you may also need to have some teeth removed as part of your treatment. If worn correctly, you are likely to achieve good results, usually within 18-24 months. If the problem is more complicated, treatment may take longer.
Who needs orthodontic treatment?
Generell werden die sog. Brackets, die auf die Zahnoberflächen befestigt weYou may need orthodontic treatment if your teeth or jaw do not develop in a normal way. This can cause discomfort and make it hard to maintain good oral hygiene.
In some cases, abnormal development of the teeth and jaw can affect the shape of the face, which could cause psychological and emotional problems, such as lack of self-confidence.
Problems with crooked and out-of-place teeth are quite common. A recent study carried out that around a third of 12 year olds would benefit from some degree of orthodontic treatment.
Various braces and orthodontic retainers are the most common devices that put gentle pressure on misaligned teeth to slowly force them into a proper position. Besides crooked teeth, braces are used to treat bite misalignment and some other teeth and jaw problems.
GriDent offers painless orthodontic treatment options, including the most popular:
- Dental braces: These light metal constructions are semi-permanently attached to the outer side of your teeth. Braces are a popular choice because of their affordability and a shorter treatment time. Orthodontic braces cannot be removed without the help of an orthodontist and their use requires regular professional cleaning to prevent accumulation of dental plaque.
- Orthodontic retainers: They are removable metallic devices that consist of plastic and wires, and completely hide inside a patient’s mouth. They are often used following the treatment with orthodontic braces to help keep the teeth and gums settle in their new position. Retainers are also helpful in correcting overbite, underbite and crossbite.
How long does an orthodontic mile makeover take?
The entire process of orthodontic treatment usually takes anywhere from one to three years, depending on the complexity of the case. Not all types of treatments may be suitable for you based on your specific situation. Dr. Kazak and his team will examine your teeth and recommend an appropriate treatment for you based on your individual case.